Tuesday, July 5, 2011

ON THE WAY TO STARDOM

I want to a number of schools because my father had frequent job transfers. I took my Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination from Nawab Faizunnesa Government Girls High School, Comilla. Of all the educational institutions I have been to, I miss school the most. School was the fun time of my life because it not only included studies, making friends for ever or bribing the school guard to bank classes, but so many more memories that I cherish. One incident that still makes me laugh today is the annual sports day in Class 8. Compared to the other girls in my class, I was taller for my age. So those who participated in the race believed that I would run very fast and win. This made me all the more confident. Standing there, at the start line, I was wondering how I would run towards that finish line awaiting me, how I would be awarded with the medal by the principal and how the crowd would applaud my win.But soon when I came to my senses, to my surprise, I found myself standing alone on the field, while the rest of the girls had reached the finish line. Embarrassed by my folly, when my friends asked me why I did not run, I told them I had a sprained my leg.

     During the break after my SSC exams, I was in a dilemma in picking the right discipline. That is when my mother got me the form of Lux Channel I Superstar.

                           Model-Actor Bidya Sinha Mim

  I would say it was just out of curiosity that I applied for the contest. But the real shock came in when I was selected for the contest. Initially, I felt that I won't be able to make it to the top 10 or so. However, when I actually made it to the top 10, I started believing that there is a chance of my making it to the top 3. Right after I won the Lux Channel I Superstar title, I joined college; unlike school, college was hectic for I had to manage both studies and my new career now. After college, I got into the Department of Drama and Dramatics at Jahangirnagar University (JU). Of course, I do get the stare and the extra attention that comes with stardom, but I try to make sure people treat me like everyone else. Also I try to take some time out from my tight schedule to spend time with friends and family. When one is new to a field, one is bound to face confusion, struggle, success and failure. When I participated in the Lux Channel I Superstar, a lot was playing on my mind-perplexity, anxiety, and excitement. But every time I gave my hundred percent, be it in the preliminary round or the final. And I guess it was this determination and dedication that made me who I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment